Happy Friday, everyone! It’s been a long week, but my jet lag is finally subsiding after my trip back to the states. Last night my girlfriends and I held our first book club meeting. It was a quintessentially rainy London night, and we met up in a super cozy apartment and for apps and wine. We had read Lena Dunham’s Not That Kind of Girl which made for incredible discussion and roaring debate! It was so much fun, I can’t wait until next month’s. Are you part of a book club? If so, I want to hear about it – and do you have any suggestions for what we should read next? This weekend Steve and I are heading west to Surrey for a proper black-tie holiday party. Saturday evening we’ve got plans to go ice skating, followed by a cocktail hour full of mulled wine and mince pies. After the party I’m sure we’ll be knackered so Sunday will be a day of rest. Whatever your weekend holds, may it be wonderful.
1. Alice Gao’s beautifully edited New York apartment. That kitchen nook! That blue sofa!
2. Delicious holiday party appetizers.
3. Sending holiday cards just got streamlined. Here’s a brilliant site for finding that perfect card, and another to collect addresses for you and simplify the mailing process!
4. Career interview with a fashion head hunter.
5. A beautiful visual tour of Antwerp, a city that’s on my must-visit list.
6. As if you needed another reason to love Amy Poehler.
7. An impactful essay on work life versus real life, and how hard it can be to strike a balance. “What I did was who I was.”
8. The challenge of making friends after 30.
9. By the way, there are only 20 days left until Christmas! Fear not – our gift guides (foodie, pjs, stocking stuffers) have you covered. Stay tuned for more.